Only 5% of small asset managers to meet 2030 carbon targets
- June 1, 2023: Vol. 17, Number 6

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Institutional Real Estate Europe

Only 5% of small asset managers to meet 2030 carbon targets

by Marek Handzel

Only a tiny minority of small to medium-sized real estate asset managers believe their portfolios will meet the European Commission’s 2030 Climate Target Plan to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions to at least 55 percent below 1990 levels by 2030.

Deepki, the French-based ESG data intelligence and software provider, has found that just 5 percent of smaller commercial real estate asset managers say that 81 percent to 99 percent of portfolios will meet 2030’s emissions reduction target, while fewer than 7 percent say their property portfolios will be net zero by 2050.

The company has questioned 250 commercial real estate asset management professionals in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain and Italy, 88 percent of whom work for an institution with over £500 million (€571 million) AUM. The other 12 percent are at organisations that control less than €500 million in real estate investments.

Optimism for hitting targets improved when looking at smal

Forgot your username or password?