Effective Date: March 1, 2021
- the types of information we collect through our Services;
- how we use and protect that information;
- the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances; and
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices.
For individuals residing in the European Economic Area, U.K., or Switzerland, please click here to find out more information.
For information relating to the collection of personal information for the content published on the Services, including the FundTracker Database, please click here to find out more information.
This Policy applies to the IREI websites that link to this Policy and when you interact with us through our Services. It does not apply to non-IREI websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU
To serve our customers, we gather two types of information from visitors to our website: (1) usage information regarding visitors and (2) information provided by those who register with us to purchase our publications and reports, attend a conference, request a trial subscription, subscribe to our digital news alerts, and receive promotional emails on new products and special offers.
Information You Give Us: When you use our Services to create an account, make a purchase, submit an inquiry and request to be on our mailing list for IREI news alerts, events, etc., you choose to give us basic information, including:
- Contact information, such as name, mailing address, ZIP code, company, and phone number when you complete forms or register to use our Services to create an account or request a publication.
- Email address information when you subscribe to our news alerts or register to attend or to receive information about events.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or by a service provider acting on our behalf.
- Any information or data you provide when you communicate with us through the “Contact Us” feature.
- Information about products you purchase and subscribe to and events that you register to attend.
When you engage in a transaction using a credit or debit card on our site, we use a payment processor to process your payment. IREI does not collect or store payment card information when you make a transaction with us online. We may collect your credit card information, however, if you complete and submit your order on a webform.
Information Collected from Third Parties: We may collect marketing lists from third parties. In addition, in the course of creating content for the Services, including reporting on newsworthy events and trends in the real estate industry and reporting information regarding real estate funds in the FundTracker database, IREI may collect publicly available information about individuals, including names, place of employment, and professional history.
Information Collected Automatically: When you interact with the Services, we automatically collect certain information about your use of our Services. This information includes
- Details about your visits to our Services and information generated in the course of the use of our Services (including, but not limited to, statistics on your page views, traffic to and from our Services, how you reached our Services, and precise geolocation data..
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address and other device identifiers.
Cookies may be delivered in a first-party or third-party context. Cookies allow us to identify returning users and give you access to web pages for products you have purchased and give you a better user experience. In addition, cookies help us track user activity and help us develop our site design, content and functionality to best suit your needs. When you visit the IREI website, third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on your browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, IREI does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Information from Social Media: When you interact with us or the Services through a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts. If you choose to log in to your account with or through a social networking service, we and that service may share certain information about you and your activities. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and the controls that they make available to you.
IREI’S USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use information we collect from or about you to:
- Communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Provide, maintain, personalize, optimize, and improve the Services, including research and analytics regarding use of the Services, or to remember you when you leave and return to the Services;
- Provide and improve our products and services;
- Provide you with more relevant content in email bulletins to which you may be subscribed;
- Deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measure the effectiveness of ads;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
There may be times, such as when you subscribe to a trial or complimentary subscription, when we ask you to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, shipping/billing address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, company, etc. It is your choice whether you would like to provide your personal information. But if you choose not to provide certain pieces of information requested, you may not be able to purchase products, or access offers and content on our website. In addition, we may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, free or trial subscription, and contact inquiry, even if you have opted to not receive marketing communications from us.
When you respond to a survey or questionnaire, IREI may use the information you supply in connection with its reporting activities, as described in the Information Regarding Collection of Data for Website Content and FundTracker section below.
As a part of our commitment to your privacy, IREI honors customers’ requests not to share their information with other marketers and honors customers’ requests not to receive mail, e-mail, telephone or other solicitations from IREI. If you choose to receive email, you can remove yourself from our email list at any time by replying to our email promotion with a request to Unsubscribe, which is included in every promotional email we send out. IREI does not sell nor share email addresses to any other organizations.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Service Providers: We may share the information collected via our Services with service providers, including, but not limited to, payment processors, content management providers, survey providers, event registration partners, marketing partners, and analytics providers, who work on our behalf to help us provide and support the Services and our products and services.
Databases and Publications: In addition, IREI may publish the information that we collect for our FundTracker database in its various publications and databases, and these publications may be available to certain or all of IREI’s subscribers, including business partners and third-party vendors who may receive complimentary subscriptions. IREI may store this information and may make it available to employees for future reporting activities.
Corporate Ownership Change: We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Services. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Legal Process: We may use or disclose information about you if required to do so by law or on the good-faith believe that such sharing is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or our Services; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Services, or our users; or (c) act to protect the personal safety of our employees and agents, other users of the Services, or members of the public.
IREI takes precautions to protect our Member information. When users submit personal information via IREI’s website, their information is protected online and off-line.
Your IREI account information and profile is unique to you and password protected so that, other than IREI employees who specifically need to know for maintenance or service-related purposes, only you or those you have shared that information with will have access to this information. For security purposes, online orders, including name, address, and credit card information, are encrypted with Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL).
While IREI uses SSL encryption to protect online orders, we also use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to ensure and protect user information off-line. All employees are trained regarding our security and privacy practices. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment. While we use these precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
We provide site visitors with access to their personal IREI Website login and password information, their transaction information and receipt, and contact information, which we maintain. Visitors can access this information through their account on IREI’s website by logging in and viewing Account Details. You can update your information or correct any inaccuracies. You may also submit updates or corrections to us by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling us at 925-244-0500.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device. For more information about how to change these settings go to:
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. We do not sell your information at this time.
USERS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION (EEA), U.K., AND SWITZERLAND
If you are a resident of the EEA, U.K. or Switzerland, the following information applies.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of our Services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Right to lodge a complaint: Users that reside in the EEA, U.K., or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Transfers: Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. We ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR.
Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EEA, U.K., or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- The right to request access to information held about your or request transmission of your data to a third party.
- The right to request that we rectify inaccurate or incomplete information that we hold about you.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your data erased from our Services if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict our processing. You have the right to restrict our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests or for direct marketing (including profiling).
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time, if we are processing your personal data based on your consent.
To submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact as described below. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
FOR QUESTIONS, OR TO REPORT A PROBLEM
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
Institutional Real Estate, Inc.
2010 Crow Canyon Place, Suite 455
San Ramon, CA 94583
Tel: (925) 244-0500