Publications

- September 1, 2020: Vol. 12, Number 8

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Institutional Real Estate Asia Pacific

Mapletree Industrial Trust to acquire 14 US data centres

by Andrea Zander

Singapore’s Mapletree Industrial Trust Management, as manager of Mapletree Industrial Trust (MIT), has announced that DBS Trustee, as a trustee of MIT, has entered into agreements for the proposed acquisition of the remaining 60 percent interest in the 14 US data centres currently held by Mapletree Redwood Data Centre Trust (MRDCT) for US$210.9 million.

The agreed property value of the 14 data centres on a 60 percent basis is US$494.0 million. MIT holds a 40 percent interest in MRDCT, with Mapletree DC Ventures, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mapletree Investments, holding the remaining 60 percent interest. Upon completion of the proposed acquisition, MIT will hold a 100 percent interest in the 14 data centres.

“The proposed acquisition increases our exposure to the resilient data centres segment and deepens our presence in the United States,” said Tham Kuo Wei, CEO of Mapletree Industrial Trust Management, in a statement. “The United States is the largest and mo

Forgot your username or password?

We use cookies and other tracking technologies to personalize your user experience on our site and perform site analytics. By clicking on “I accept”, you consent to our Privacy Policy.