Transactions - JUNE 23, 2014

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

UPDATED: China Life to buy London office property for $1.3b

by Andrea Waitrovich

Funds controlled by China-based life insurer China Life have acquired a 70 percent interest in Clifford Chance's headquarters at 10 Upper Bank St., London, in a £795 million ($1.35 billion) deal. Qatar Holding, an investment house established in 2006 by the Qatar Investment Authority, owns 20 percent of the building while Canary Wharf Group bought the remaining 10 percent. 

The 1 million-square-foot, 32-story office property is located in Canary Wharf, in the Docklands area of London. It was built in 2003. The majority of the building is occupied by law firm Clifford Chance, and serves as its world headquarters. Other tenants include the FTSE Group, MasterCard, KPMG, LOCOG, Total S.A. and Infosys.

The deal continues the move of Asia Pacific companies investing in the London property market. A year ago, another Chinese insurance company purchased

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy