Publications

Transactions - SEPTEMBER 22, 2016

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

Norway’s SWF acquires second D.C. office with MetLife

by Andrea Waitrovich

MetLife Investment Management and Norges Bank Real Estate Management, which invests on behalf of Norway’s Government Pension Fund Global, purchased the Constitution Square Three and Four office buildings in Washington, D.C.

A sales price was not disclosed. The seller was an affiliate of StonebridgeCarras. MetLife affiliates will own 52.5 percent of Constitution Square and be the managing member, while Norges Bank Real Estate Management will own the remaining 47.5 percent. This is the second property investment in Washington, D.C., and the fifth overall for the joint venture, which was established in 2013.

Located within the submarket known as “NoMa,” for North of Massachusetts Avenue, Constitution Square Three is an existing 349,000-square-foot office building with street-level retail, and C

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy