Investors - DECEMBER 9, 2016

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

Florida SBA acquires self-storage portfolio for $630m

by Jody Barhanovich

The $176.5 billion Florida State Board of Administration, in a joint venture with National Storage Affiliates Trust, has purchased 66 self-storage properties for $630 million.

The joint venture acquired the iStorage portfolio of properties using leverage of 50 percent. The venture structure allows for Florida SBA to own 75 percent of the investment, an equity commitment of approximately $248.5 million. National Storage Affiliates Trust will own the remaining 25 percent.

The diversified portfolio consists of 66 U.S. self-storage facilities across 12 states in areas such as Philadelphia metro, the Florida gulf coast, northern Alabama and California. However, the Florida markets have the most properties, with 21 properties making up more than 35 percent of the portfolio’s net operating income. The buildings in the portfolio are a mix between concrete block and metal construction with both single-story and multi-level facilities. The total portfoli

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy