Publications

Transactions - FEBRUARY 18, 2016

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

CPPIB invests in $555m senior housing portfolio

by Andrea Waitrovich

The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board has formed a joint venture with Welltower to purchase a 97.5 percent stake in a senior housing portfolio for $555 million. Discovery Senior Living owns the remaining 2.5 percent and operates the properties.

The portfolio consists of six private-pay senior housing properties in Florida, known as Aston Gardens. The senior housing properties, primarily independent-living assets, total 1,930 rental units.

CPPIB holds a 45 percent stake in the joint venture, and Welltower owns the remaining 55 percent.

The joint venture follows CPPIB’s 50-50 partnership with Singapore-based Global Logistic Properties.

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy