Publications

Transactions - APRIL 5, 2017

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

Altamira buys €1.5b Portuguese CRE unit

by Andrea Waitrovich

Portuguese asset manager Oitante is selling its real estate and loan servicing unit, which manages €1.5 billion ($1.6 billion) of assets, to Altamira Asset Management. Portuguese bank Banif previously owned the assets.

Altamira is a platform for managing real estate assets and large-scale credit with €50 billion ($53 billion) in assets under management, and the acquisition marks its entry into Portugal. Its capital is largely controlled by a U.S.-based Apollo Global Management fund, which holds 85 percent of its capital, and the remaining 15 percent is owned by Spain-based Santander.

U.S.-based Apollo was one of the competitors to purchase Banif in December 2015, but Banif’s business was sold to to Santander Totta instead for €150 million ($160 billion). At the same time, the Oitante vehicle was created to manage the problematic assets.

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy