The Defined Contribution Real Estate Council (DCREC) has named its new officers and committee co-chairs for 2019.
The new officer appointments are as follows:
- Michael O’Connor, managing director at Clarion Partners, has been named co-president along with Allan Swaringen;
- Lennine Occhino, partner at Mayer Brown, and Brian Velky, managing director at Situs, have been appointed co-secretary; and,
- Anne-Marie Vandenberg, president and COO at RREEF Property Trust, has been named co-treasurer, along with Sara Shean.
The following were named committee co-chairs:
- Best Practices: Tim Bolla, vice president property management at Bentall Kennedy, serving with Laurie Tillinghast;
- Membership: Mark Earley, CEO at Hines Securities, with Bradley Scafe;
- PR & Marketing: Kevin Ryan, managing director at Barings, serving with Kurt Walten;
- Research & Content: Justin Rindos, senior vice president at Partners Group, and Brian Lambert, vice president at AEW Capital Management; and,
- Strategic Alliance: Rob Collins, managing director at Partners Group, serving with Ian Matthew.
Officer appointments are for a period of two years and committee leadership appointments are for a period of one year. All were effective Jan. 1, 2019.
“The past year again saw strong interest on the part of plan sponsors in adding real estate investment options to their defined contribution plans,” says Swaringen, DCREC’s co-president. “We look forward to working with our new team of leaders as we continue to educate the community on the benefits of this asset class and to support the ongoing development of new products to meet the needs of DC plan participants saving for retirement.”