Australian Farmland registers 13.14% annualized total return in 2021
Research - MARCH 10, 2022

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Sign up for a FREE subscription

Australian Farmland registers 13.14% annualized total return in 2021

by Released

The total return of Australian farmland on a one-year rolling return as of Dec. 31, 2021, was 13.14 percent with income contributing 7.22 percent and appreciation return 5.62 percent, according to the fourth quarter results of the Australian Farmland Index compiled by ANREV, the Asian Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles. On a quarter-by-quarter basis, positive income return of 2.17 percent and capital growth of 0.65 percent led to a total return of 2.83 percent in fourth quarter 2021.

One property was added to the index, which now amounts to 65 properties for a total market value of A$1.86 billion ($1.37 billion), with annual crop farmland representing 48 percent of the properties versus 52 percent for permanent crop farmland, accounting for 39 percent and 61 percent of the index by market value, respectively.

The fourth quarter 2021 annualized total returns for annual crop farmland remain very high, totaling 40.91 percent. This was largely dri

Forgot your username or password?