Publications

Investors - AUGUST 6, 2014

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

Louisiana Teachers to invest up to $550m in real estate and private market debt

by Reg Clodfelter

The $16.7 billion Teachers’ Retirement System of Louisiana is planning to invest $150 million into real estate and $400 million into private market debt during the fiscal year 2015 ending June 30, 2015. The pacing plan for fiscal year 2015 was set at the retirement system’s Aug. 4 board meeting.

According to Maurice J. Coleman, director of private markets at TRSL, the $150 million to real estate will likely be invested in opportunistic/value-add strategies, and could be invested both domestically and internationally. TRSL’s real estate portfolio has a target allocation of 7 percent and an actual allocation of 8 percent. This is still within the retirement system’s target range to real estate, which is 0–8 percent for core real estate and 0–6 percent for opportunistic real estate for a total range of 0–14 percent. Currently, both core and noncore real estate have

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy