Publications

Energy - MAY 22, 2020

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Sign up for a FREE subscription

Greencoat Capital acquires solar portfolio from BlackRock and Lightsource

by Kali Persall

Greencoat Capital has purchased a 156-megawatt solar portfolio from BlackRock Real Assets and Lightsource via its Greencoat Solar II fund. The investment was made on behalf of some of the largest pension funds in the United Kingdom.

The partnership acquired the asset in 2017, with BlackRock taking a 90 percent stake in the portfolio and Lightsource maintaining the remaining 10 percent stake. The portfolio was originally developed and constructed by Lightsource. Following the deal’s closing, Lightsource will continue to provide ongoing asset management and operational services.

“This is a brilliant portfolio of proven operational assets that will provide our clients predictable cash flows with inflation protection over the long term, whilst contributing to the decarbonization of the U.K.’s electricity sector,” stated Karin Kaiser, of Greencoat Capital. “We continue to see a strong opportunity for solar aggregation in the United Kingdom, and an active near-term

Forgot your username or password?

We use cookies and other tracking technologies to personalize your user experience on our site and perform site analytics. By clicking on “I accept”, you consent to our Privacy Policy.