Investors - JANUARY 5, 2015

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

GIC partners on global real estate deals

by Jennifer Molloy

GIC, Singapore’s $320 billion sovereign wealth fund, and its affiliates continued to diversify their global real estate holdings via a number of acquisitions and joint ventures during fourth quarter 2014.

The biggest deal involved GIC’s co-investment with Global Logistic Properties to acquire IndCor Properties, one of the largest industrial platforms in the United States, for $8.1 billion. The sellers are funds affiliated with Blackstone Real Estate Partners VI and VII. The platform comprises roughly 117 million square feet of high-quality industrial properties in key U.S. markets. Singapore-based GLP will initially hold a 55 percent stake, and GIC the remaining 45 percent. The deal is expected to close in first quarter 2015, and GLP plans to reduce its

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy