Publications

- November 2011: Vol. 4, Number 10

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Institutional Investing in Infrastructure

Kinder Morgan Acquires El Paso Corp.

by

Natural gas pipeline company Kinder Morgan has agreed to acquire El Paso Corp. in a transaction that would create the United States’ largest natural gas pipeline company with an enterprise value of approximately $94 billion and 80,000 miles of pipelines.

The total purchase price, including the assumption of debt outstanding at El Paso Corp. and the debt outstanding at El Paso Pipeline Partners, is approximately $38 billion. Kinder Morgan shareholders are expected to own approximately 68 percent of the combined company upon financial closing, and El Paso shareholders are expected to own the remaining 32 percent. The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of 2012, and it has been approved by each companyâ

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy