Publications

Stonepeak and Shizen Energy launch wind platform in Asia
Investors - MARCH 26, 2024

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Sign up for a FREE subscription

Stonepeak and Shizen Energy launch wind platform in Asia

by Kali Persall

Stonepeak has completed an investment in TerraWind Renewables, an onshore wind energy platform, in partnership with Shizen Energy, a Japanese renewable-energy company.

As part of the transaction, Stonepeak has acquired an 80 percent interest in TerraWind, with Shizen Energy retaining the remaining 20 percent interest in the business. TerraWind will focus on the development of onshore wind projects in Japan and Asia Pacific. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Shizen Energy, headquartered in Japan, focuses on the development, financing and management of renewable-energy power plants. Shizen’s core business has historically been solar PV; however, the company said its customers require a variety of solutions to achieve their decarbonization goals, including energy storage, energy management systems, EVs and also wind power.

The onshore wind platform currently consists of 30 megawatts of late-stage development assets in Japan and a pipeline of more than 300 megaw

Forgot your username or password?