GIP to sell 50% stake in Scotland's busiest airport for $1.6b
Transactions - APRIL 18, 2024

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Sign up for a FREE subscription

GIP to sell 50% stake in Scotland’s busiest airport for $1.6b

by Kali Persall

Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) has entered into a binding agreement to sell a 50.01 percent stake in Edinburgh Airport to VINCI Airports, the world's leading private airport operator, for £1.27 billion ($1.6 billion). GIP will continue to manage the remaining 49.99 percent interest in Edinburgh Airport following the transaction.

As part of the agreement, GIP and VINCI will jointly lead investment in, and development of, Edinburgh Airport and establish a long-term strategic partnership for the airport's future development, similar to the partnership established in 2019 at Gatwick Airport.

Edinburgh Airport is Scotland’s busiest airport and the sixth-busiest airport in the United Kingdom, offering flights to more than 150 destinations across 40 airlines.

As part of the transaction, Crosswind Developments, which is promoting a business and residential development adjacent to the airport, will assume the same ownership structure as the airport.

The t

Forgot your username or password?