IREI : LIVE – Defining Opportunity Sets in Real Estate Debt
What are the fundamental drivers of the different debt opportunity sets in the U.S. real estate market today? During this webinar, we examined a range of different strategies across a range of markets. The webinar was broken into three parts, each featuring a group of expert speakers. Chase McWhorter, managing director, Institutional Real Estate Americas at Institutional Real Estate, Inc. moderated all panels.
Managing Director, Institutional Real Estate Americas, Institutional Real Estate, Inc.
Defining Opportunities: The Case for Real Estate Debt
- What are credit markets telling us about future opportunities in equity and debt spaces today?
- What are key themes and trends related to interest rates and inflation?
- Which property sectors are most/least desired and why?
- What are the trends to watch related to defining attractive markets?
- Why is real estate debt attractive at this point in the cycle?
Senior Managing Director, Head of Private Debt Portfolio Management, Principal Real Estate Investors
James Laufenberg, CAIA
Senior Investment Officer – Real Estate, State of Wisconsin Investment Board
Senior Managing Director, Co-Head of Real Estate Debt, Heitman
Defining Opportunities in Mezzanine & Subordinated Debt
- Defining key fundamentals of mezzanine and subordinated debt.
- How do managers differentiate and price various types of collateral-level risk?
- What strategies and tools do managers have to manage risk?
- What are return ranges for mezzanine and subordinated debt today?
- What are the fundamental reasons for the growing opportunities in this part of the market?
Managing Director, StepStone Group Real Estate
Executive Managing Director, Third Point Real Estate Strategies LLC
Managing Principal & Co-Founder, Madison Realty Capital
Defining Opportunities in Senior Debt in Private and Public Markets
- What are the key trends in the first-mortgage market today for commercial and residential lending?
- How is the first-mortgage market evolving, and how might lending structures change in the future?
- Why are direct whole loan strategies attractive?
- What is the current state of the CMBS market, and what is its outlook for the future?
Managing Director, Global Head of Debt, Nuveen Real Estate
Portfolio Manager, California State Teachers' Retirement System
Partner & Head of Real Estate Credit, KKR
Madison Realty Capital
Nuveen Real Estate
Principal Real Estate Investors
Trawler Capital Management