ULI report likes industrial sector, secondary markets
Ask 1,000 real estate industry players what 2014 will bring, and this is what they will tell you:
• 2014 will be a year of continuing recovery for U.S. real estate.
• The key threat to the industry’s comeback is the timing and size of interest rate increases.
• Industrial will be the top performing property sector in 2014, with warehousing expected to be a particularly strong subsector.
• Investors, searching for increased yield, will likely commit more dollars to secondary markets, as opportunities in core markets become harder to find and more expensive.
• San Francisco, for the second consecutive year, was ranked the top U.S. market, based on a thriving economy and forecasted job growth of 2 percent.
Those are some of the major conclusions contained in