Investors - NOVEMBER 1, 2016

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

Warburg Pincus forms data center JV with Chinese firm

by Andrea Waitrovich

Warburg Pincus has formed a joint venture with 21Vianet Group to establish a digital real estate platform in China. The joint venture will be dedicated to pursuing development and acquisition opportunities in the wholesale and build-to-suit segments of China’s data center market.

21Vianet will seed the joint venture with four existing high-performing Internet data center assets, valued at more than $300 million, and Warburg Pincus will contribute direct capital and extensive industry network and resources in the real estate sector. Also, 21Vianet will continue to own 51 percent of the equity interests in the four existing Internet data center assets, while Warburg Pincus will own the remaining 49 percent.

With strong demand for data center space driven by the exponential growth in data usage and cloud services, the joint venture will serve as a dedicated vehicle that focuses on wholesale customers and enterprises and an expanded product offering across t

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?