Publications

Transactions - MARCH 14, 2016

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

U.S. firm forms €500m Spanish hotel JV

by Andrea Waitrovich

Starwood Capital Group has formed a joint venture with HI Partners to invest in the Spanish hospitality market.

Starwood Capital Group, through an affiliate of Starwood Global Opportunity Fund X, will own 70 percent of the joint venture company, while HI Partners will own the remaining 30 percent. HI Partners — majority-owned by Banc Sabadell, the fifth-largest banking group in Spain — will serve as the manager of the joint venture, which is expected to deploy approximately €500 million ($554 million) in the Spanish hotel sector over the next three years.

The joint venture will focus its investment strategy on three- and four-star leisure hotel assets with more than 200 rooms in Spain’s primary tourist destinations, including the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Costa del Sol, Costa Dorada and Costa Brava. The joint venture also will consider special investment projects in high-quality urban hotels in Barcelona and Madrid. Completion of

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy