Transactions - OCTOBER 7, 2014

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

TIAA Henderson enters Australian market

by Andrea Waitrovich

TIAA Henderson Real Estate has acquired a 75 percent interest in Mount Ommaney Center in Brisbane, Australia, with its partner Federation Centres, which will own the remaining 25 percent of the center. The seller was AMP Capital.

The Mount Ommaney acquisition marks the first shopping center acquisition in Australia by TH Real Estate.

The regional center in Brisbane sold for a total price of A$416.25 million ($366.24 million). The Federation Centres share of the purchase is approximately A$104.06 million ($91.56 million). Federation Centres will provide ongoing property management services at the center.

The sale by AMP was part of the group’s overhaul of its $4.5 billion Australian Core Property Portfolio.

The shopping center was built in 1979 and was refurbished and expanded in 2010. It is anchored by three supermarkets, Woolworths, Coles and Aldi. In addition, it has a Big W, Target and Kmart, along with four mini-anchors and 165 spec

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy