Transactions - DECEMBER 13, 2016

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

Swiss investor buys Australian office

by Andrea Waitrovich

The Swiss AFIAA Foundation for International Real Estate Investments is acquiring an office building in Melbourne, Australia, for A$161.5 million ($121.1 million). The seller is Singapore-based Straits Real Estate.

This is Swiss AFIAA’s second investment in Melbourne. The property will be added to the AFIAA Global fund, which invests in real estate worldwide. In Australia, the fund holds another property in Melbourne as well as assets in Sydney and Brisbane. AFIAA is an investment foundation under Swiss law that invests exclusively in foreign real estate assets.

The property is located at 114 William St. in the heart of the CBD of Melbourne. It was built in 1976 and has been modernized on several occasions, most recently at the beginning of this year.

The 23-story building comprises 226,000 square feet of floor space, with office space accounting for 97 percent of the building and retail on the lower floors accounting for the remaining 3 percent

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy