To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.Sign in Sign up for a FREE subscription
SPONSORED: Principal Asset Management — Value-add and development investment in industrial, multifamily buoyed by ESG focus
Market dislocation and increasing demand is revealing investment opportunities in the industrial sector, while the multifamily market remains a bright spot for institutional real estate investors, explain Vance Voss, managing director and portfolio manager, and John Leusink, director of architecture and engineering, both of Principal Real Estate.
In an interview published in the May issue of Institutional Real Estate Asia Pacific about the value-add and development opportunities in the industrial and multifamily property sectors, Voss and Leusink discuss the nuances of sustainability strategies and why they comprise a competitive advantage in these markets. “Approximately 20 percent of the existing building stock today, in all property sectors, has a sustainability certification, leaving 80 percent of existing options for tenants without ESG-related certified options,” says Voss. “It is an important differentiator for tenants.” Speaking of ESG initiatives, Le