Transactions - FEBRUARY 28, 2017

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

Rockpoint to invest $300m in Roseland Residential Trust

by Andrea Waitrovich

Rockpoint Group has plans to invest $300 million in Roseland Residential Trust in the next two years, with $150 million funded at closing. The investment will give Rockpoint a 17 percent stake in the apartment development operation of Mack-Cali Realty Corp., which will own the remaining 83 percent.

Mack-Cali will have the option to fund up to $200 million of equity into Roseland after Rockpoint’s commitment is fully funded. Roseland will receive a deemed funded existing equity value at closing of $1.23 billion.

Roseland’s stabilized residential portfolio was 96.3 percent leased at year-end 2016. Roseland has delivered 1,163 luxury apartments to the marketplace since the beginning of fourth quarter 2016, excluding the newly planned 762-unit, 69-story Jersey City Urby, which recently opened.

As part of the agreement, Roseland and Rockpoint will have the right to cause redemption of the Rockpoint equity after the fifth anniversary of the closing date without pe

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy