Publications

QatarEnergy awards EPC contract for world’s largest LNG project
MAY 19, 2023

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Sign up for a FREE subscription

QatarEnergy awards EPC contract for world’s largest LNG project

by Released

QatarEnergy has awarded an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract for the North Field South (NFS) project, which comprises two LNG mega LNG trains with a combined capacity of 16 million tons per annum (MTPA).

NFS, combined with the North Field East (NFE) project, will increase Qatar’s LNG production capacity from 77 MTPA to 126 MTPA. QatarEnergy holds a 75 percent interest in the NFS project and already has signed partnership agreements with TotalEnergies, Shell and ConocoPhillips for the remaining 25 percent.

“QatarEnergy is proud to announce yet another significant milestone in the world’s largest LNG project, reinforcing our commitment to meeting the global demand for natural gas,” said Qatar’s  Minister of Energy Saad Sherida al-Kaabi. “The NFS project is a unique development that minimizes its environmental footprint by design. It includes one of the largest CO2 capture and sequestration facilities and constitutes an important step

Forgot your username or password?