Transactions - MARCH 24, 2015

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

Mitsubishi sells stake in Tokyo office

by Andrea Waitrovich

Mitsubishi Estate has sold a 5 percent partial interest in the 24-story Shiodome Building in Tokyo for ¥10.11 billion ($84.35 million) to Japan Real Estate Investment, which has increased its existing stake to 45 percent. Real Capital Analytics values the office tower at ¥292 trillion ($1.69 billion).

The sale followed Japan Real Estate Investment’s purchase of the 166,842-square-foot Amagasaki Front, an office building in Osaka, Japan, for ¥9,312 billion, or ¥55,848 per square foot ($77.7 million/$466 per square foot). The seller was also Mitsubishi Estate.

Other interests Mitsubishi Estate has sold include the basement and the first 13 floors at the 400,495-square-foot Aoyama Building in Tokyo. The transaction involved a 95 percent ownership stake, which sold for ¥44.6 billion ($372 million). The buyer was New York City–based GreenOak. Mitsubishi Estate will retain the remaining 5 percent interest.

Recently, Mitsubish

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy