Kinder to buy NextEra’s South Texas Gas Pipes for $1.8b
Transactions - NOVEMBER 7, 2023

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Sign up for a FREE subscription

Kinder to buy NextEra’s South Texas Gas Pipes for $1.8b

by Andrea Zander

Kinder Morgan has agreed to acquire NextEra Energy Partner’s South Texas assets, STX Midstream, for $1.815 billion.

The STX Midstream pipeline system includes a set of integrated, large-diameter high-pressure natural gas pipelines that connect the Eagle Ford basin to key growing Mexico and Gulf Coast demand markets. STX Midstream includes a 90 percent interest in the NET Mexico pipeline; MGI Enterprises, a PEMEX affiliate, owns the other 10 percent.

STX Midstream owns and operates Eagle Ford Midstream, a 158-mile residue line connecting the Eagle Ford basin to the Agua Dulce Hub in Nueces County, Texas. Eagle Ford Midstream is connected to multiple pipeline systems, including KMI’s Tennessee Gas Pipeline, Kinder Morgan Tejas Pipeline and Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America.

STX Midstream also owns a 50 percent interest in Dos Caminos LLC, which is operated by, and the other 50 percent interest owned by, Howard Energy Partners (HEP). Dos Caminos has place

Forgot your username or password?