Publications

Transactions - JUNE 30, 2020

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Sign up for a FREE subscription

Cycle Energy buys 60% stake in California oil field

by Kali Persall

Canadian energy provider Cycle Energy Industries has entered into a purchase agreement to acquire a 60 percent interest in Lost Hills Oil Field in Kern County, Calif.

The Lost Hills Field is a mega-oilfield in California, located northwest of Bakersfield, with thousands of producing oil and gas wells from numerous intervals. Cycle’s acquisition includes 60 percent of the field known as “Northwest Lost Hills.” Harvest Petroleum is the operator of the field and owns the remaining 40 percent stake.

The oil field is expected to produce 150 barrels to 200 barrels of oil per day. Another 10 to 12 proven undeveloped drilling locations have been identified and would result in an additional 250 BOD.

The deal represents the first phase of Cycle's expansion plan to acquire assets in the United States.

“The purchase of [this] asset is the first step in Cycle Energy Industries acquisition plan into the U.S. oil and gas market,” said Michael McLaren, CEO of C

Forgot your username or password?

We use cookies and other tracking technologies to personalize your user experience on our site and perform site analytics. By clicking on “I accept”, you consent to our Privacy Policy.