Transactions - JANUARY 13, 2015

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

Ballymore Group forms £2.2b U.K. joint venture

by Andrea Waitrovich

Ballymore Group has formed a £2.2 billion ($3.34 billion) joint venture with Malaysia’s Eco World Investment Co. to develop three residential projects in the United Kingdom.

Eco World paid £428.7 million ($647.08 million) for a 75 percent stake in the three sites while Ballymore holds the remaining 25 percent.  The venture is called Eco World – Ballymore Holding Co.

The projects are the second phase of Embassy Gardens near Battersea Power Station, Arrowhead Quay in Canary Wharf and part of London City Island on the Leamouth Peninsula. The Eco World projects will include 2,800 homes and 250,000 square feet of commercial space.

All three sites are part of a wider regeneration program that will benefit from significant investments in public infrastructure such as the Crossrail and Northern Line Extension.

Developers have been buying residential land in London after a shortage of new homes pushed up values, accor

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy