Transactions - JULY 21, 2017

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

AXA completes acquisition of majority stake of Chicago student housing tower

by Released

AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets, a global real asset investments and the leading real estate portfolio and asset manager in Europe, has completed, on behalf of one of its clients, the acquisition of University Center Chicago, a 1,732-bed student housing property located in downtown Chicago.

AXA IM – Real Assets acquired a 95 percent interest in the property alongside a new joint venture partner, Blue Vista Capital Management, a Chicago-based student housing owner and operator, which holds the remaining 5 percent and will assume operational responsibility for the asset.

The asset’s prime location on South State Street in downtown Chicago’s South Loop submarket, in addition to its proximity to 22 local universities, has ensured high levels of both tenant demand and historic occupancy. The property also benefits from its walkable distance to a number of local attractions, including Grant Park and Lake Michigan, as well as access to the city’s strong trans

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy