Transactions - OCTOBER 18, 2016

To read this full article you need to be subscribed to Newsline.

Sign in Start Your Free Trial Now View Purchase Options

APG, TH Real Estate form £1b JV for retail project in Edinburgh

by Andrea Waitrovich

Dutch pension asset manager APG has agreed to acquire a 75 percent stake in the 1.7 million-square-foot Edinburgh St. James retail and leisure center. TH Real Estate will hold the remaining 25 percent stake on behalf of its U.K. Shopping Center Fund, which is a core-plus fund investing in U.K. retail properties that are prime and/or dominant within their city or regional catchment.

TH Real Estate will continue its role as development and asset manager of the project, for which construction will now commence. It will be one of the United Kingdom’s largest private-sector regeneration projects.

The joint venture will commit to develop Edinburgh St. James, which is anticipated to create an investment valued in excess of £1 billion ($1.2 billion). It represents one of the largest investments in Scotland this year.

Edinburgh St. James will comprise 850,000 square feet of retail space, anchored by John Lewis, a multi-screen cinema and a 214-room

Glossary, videos, podcasts, research in the Resource Center

Forgot your username or password?

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?

We respect your privacy! Please give consent for processing data as described in our Privacy Policy