IREI's Market Navigator Masterclass series, facilitated by Geoffrey Dohrmann, IREI's CEO, is a time-tested program that will help accelerate your knowledge and understanding of the industry we all serve, while helping you develop a more accountable, more systematic, more manageable approach to raising capital and/or serving your existing clientele.
It also will provide you with a framework for relationship building (the Professional Selling Skills segments) as well as advise you on how to do a better job in numerous areas, including delivering bad news and working more effectively with members of the consulting community.
To date, we've trained several hundred professionals in the industry, from those who are directly responsible for raising capital to those who are serving more in a support role, but still have some client-facing responsibilities. And we've trained folks who are new to the business as well as those with years of experience under their belts – all with rave reviews for the knowledge and experience we were able to impart.
This upcoming Market Navigator Masterclass series will be held in two different sessions – both live online.
The first session, focusing on the size, dynamics, structure, segmentation, language and culture of the institutional real estate investment market, will be held January 11–14. Please note that this is a four-day program held daily Monday through Thursday from 10 am to 12:30 pm PST.
The second session, focusing on developing a systematic approach to raising capital from institutional investors, including presentation strategy and professional selling skills, will be held January 25–28. Please note that this is also a four-day program held daily Monday through Thursday from 10 am to 12:30 pm PST.
ENTIRE SERIES 8-day course: $2,895
EARLY BIRD RATE: $1,995 (Expires November 6th, 2020)
Additional seats: $795
Attend and learn all you need to know to become a trusted adviser or consultant. IREI Publication Sponsors, iREOC Members, Springboard Alumni and current 2020 Springboard Attendees are eligible to receive a 10% discount on the regular price.
January 11-14, 2021
10 am-1:00 pm PST daily
An introduction to the nature, size, dynamics, language, culture, competitive and regulatory environments of the institutional real estate and infrastructure investment markets
- Market overview: Who are those guys?
- Language: Terminology and jargon
- Pension investment from the investor’s point of view
- Performance measurement and reporting
- Market size and dynamics
- Market segmentation
- Demand: Current investor appetites for real estate investment management services
- Supply: Fund offerings in the market and funds recently closed
- Decision-making processes
- The nature of the problem: Classic mismatches between investors and investment managers
- Fiduciary considerations
January 25-28, 2021
10 am-1:00 pm PST daily
Part 1: Professional Selling Skills
• How to engage others in dialogue
- Needs-satisfaction selling: The art of questioning to uncover investor needs
- Product features and benefits
- General benefit statements
- Support statements
- Demonstrating features and benefits
- Resistance, objections and how to handle them
- Putting it all together
- Recruiting and using coaches
Part 2: Developing a systematic approach to capital fundraising
Designing and implementing a more systematic, more monitorable, more accountable, more manageable approach to capital fundraising
- Establishing a solid foundation
- Developing sales and service call objectives
- Designing your sales process
- Additional tactical issues
- The art of delivering bad news
- Developing more effective marketing and sales plans
- Closing interactive panel discussion with industry experts
- Hotel & Venue
Registration & Logistics
firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 925-244-0500 ext. 130